- Over 50% Off Women's Hair Loss Kit + 2 Free Gifts at keranique.com
- 10% off Hair Vitamins at viviscal.com on your first order with coupon code vivcou10
- 58% off Hair Fibers + Free Shipping at toppik.com
- Free Hair Fibers Sample at surethik.com
Female Hair Loss Causes and Treatments
Female hair loss and hair thinning for women can be difficult to deal with at any age. Women who experience hair thinning do not lose it all at one time because it usually is a slower process where it may take a while to notice and tends to sneak up on people before discovering it.
Hair Growth Stages Chart
There are 3 stages of hair growth, the Anagen stage, the Catagen stage and the Telogen stage. Each stage does something different to help hair grow.
- Stage 1: The Anagen stage - The anagen phase is when the hair follicles are actually growing. This stage lasts about 3 to 5 years long.
- Stage 2: The Catagen stage - The hair growth process actually stops growing temporarily and rests at this point during the catagen phase of hair growth. This stage of phase lasts about 1 to 2 weeks.
- Stage 3: The Telogen stage - This phase is the one nobody hardly enjoys it's called the telogen hair growth phase, it's this hair growth phase when the hair follicle sheds and falls out. The telogen hair growth phase lasts about 3 to 4 months.
Depending on what is causing your hair loss, one of these three stages is interrupted in your normal hair growth cycle.
Female Hair Loss Genetics Statistics
About 10% of women experience hair loss by genetics. Some women see hair loss at the top of their head and some women see hair loss all over the scalp.
Other Female Hair Loss Causes
Not taking in enough calories by under eating and not eating enough protein in food everyday can actually cause hair loss, hair thinning and unhealthy hair appearance.
Some foods that help you get a great amount of proper protein and amino acids are nuts, fish, eggs, dairy products, lean meats and grains.
Question: What are the best foods to eat to help with healthy hair growth?
To see the answer to this question read more about hair loss nutrition here!
Vitamin c intake also helps in preventing split ends in hair, according to the university of Maryland medical center.
Biotin vitamins are known to stimulate hair growth due to the fact that biotin vitamins help to build natural body proteins such as keratin which is what hair is made from. So biotin helps give you stronger thicker hair growth.
What are the best vitamins to take for female hair loss?
To see the answer to this question read more about vitamins for hair loss here!
The statistics of hair loss after pregnancy effects 40% to 50% of women.
When you are pregnant, the production of estrogen is increased, which prolongs the anagen phase in the hair growth cycle. Because of the extra long hair growth phase during pregnancy, many women experience longer, thicker hair growth.
What causes female hair loss after pregnancy?
To see the answer to this question read more about hair loss after pregnancy here!
During menopause, hormone levels are shifted and the hair growth process is altered. Menopausal women may experience a prolonged level of the catagen phase in their hair, contributing to their women's hair loss and perhaps hair thinning.
What can a menopausal women do to even out her hormones so that her hair will grow back?
To see the answer to this question read more about menopausal hair loss here!
Female Hair Loss Treatments
If any of these female hair loss causes are issues that you are dealing with there are solutions!
To get immediate help today please check out my favorite women's hair loss treatment products today to fix your hair loss now!
Viviscal Coupon Codes
Shop Top Hair Loss Products
Rogaine Coupon Codes
Home > Female hair loss
Back to top