The two lesser severe types of Alopecia Areata for women is called:
- Alopecia Areata Monolocularis: That is when hair loss occurs only on one spot on the scalp.
- Traction Alopecia: Is when the hair is pulled out with force by a tight hairstyle or from self.
Female Alopecia Statistics - Cures For Alopecia
Alopecia areata can occur at any age and can happen to any race of people. 80 percent of patients have only 1 bald spot that can have any given shape such as round or oval shaped.
Please check with your family physician for a proper diagnosis.
Traction Alopecia Tips and QuestionsWhat Causes Traction Alopecia? - Cures For Alopecia
Traction alopecia is caused by tight hairstyles such as:
- tight braids
- tight headbands
- tight dreadlocks
- hair extensions due to the adhesives yanking and tugging on your real hair when removing hair extensions out of the hair.
- wearing tight hats, hijabs, or any other tight head coverings.
- Or by an emotion condition called trichotillomania which is a hair pulling disorder. Please seek treatment with a psychologist or psychiatrist in order to help fix this condition properly and safely.
Cures For Alopecia Teatments & Tips For Traction Alopecia Hair Loss
Another reason to stop wearing tight hairstyles and tight head gear is to stop and avoid related headaches. Tight hairstyles and hats may cause headaches too!
Simply loosen your hair styles and get larger head gear to properly fit your head in order to avoid and to stop traction alopecia and possible headaches.
Also changing the position of your hairstyles often really seems to help, even if it is only changing the position of a simple pony tail, this can make all of the difference in the world too.
Traction alopecia may not be reversible if there is continued use of tight hairstyles, tight head gear and hair extension use.
I find that wearing your hair down is a beautiful option that will definitely avoid traction alopecia altogether.
Alopecia appears in a variety of different forms and types of conditions. Sometimes an alopecia scalp condition is improved by performing scalp treatments see below.
Step By Step Treatment Cures for Alopecia
1.) Drape client using a towel or stylist cape.
2.) Gently Brush the clients hair using a soft bristle brush for about 5 minutes.
3.) Apply a medicated scalp ointment.
4.) Apply a red light for hair loss onto the scalp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
5.) Gently Scalp Massage for about 5 minutes.
6.) Gently massage including neck, shoulders, upper back to reduce stress.
7.) Use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
8.) Towel dry the hair gently (do not rub hard with towel).
9.) Style hair without using heat let air dry naturally is best.
10.) Clean up work station.