These harmful ingredients in your hair styling products, shampoo, conditioner, and other beauty products are terribly bad for you.
In no particular order these ingredients may:
- cause cancer
- cause itchy scalp irritation
- clog the pores on your scalp
- dry out your hair follicles
- be toxic to your body
- can change your hormone levels
- cause hair loss
- cause frizzy hair
- cause hair breakage
Styling Tools Hair Loss
Styling tools that are heated to style your hair may also cause hair loss slowly but surely through time.
The heated styling tools can create breakage and dryness which will weaken hair follicles and may cause hair loss over time especially if used daily.
Harmful heat products on your hair are the following:
- hot rollers
- curling iron
- flat iron
- hot comb
- too much sun rays for a long period of daily time
- even a heater in your home can dry your hair
- dry weather such as desert areas
- blow drying your hair daily
- FYI: Hair color and bleach can also cause hair loss due to the chemicals being used on your precious hair follicles by weakening the hair and causing hair loss breakage.
Harmful for hair
How do you know how much hair fall is normal vs how much is not normal?
Answer: Just so you know, you can rest assure that hair fall on a daily basis is completely normal. Anywhere between 100 to 200 hairs shedding off of your scalp can happen every day without getting hair loss.
Yet more than this number can start to create hair loss.
Normal hair shedding could happen in a number of ways throughout the day such as when:
- brushing hair
- combing hair
- washing your hair
How To Prevent Gel Hair Loss
What are the best ways to prevent hair loss from gels and other hair products?
Answer: Look for hair gels and other hair styling products that list words such as "alcohol - free" or "no parabens" in the product descriptions.
When reading the ingredients lists, I always say the less ingredients the better but make sure those ingredients are not on the harmful hair product ingredient list above!
That is the best way to prevent gel hair loss and other product hair loss too!