Who Can Benefit From A Hair Transplant?
Both men and women can benefit from a hair transplant but a good candidate for the transplant procedure is someone who has one of the following:
- Male pattern baldness clients
- Female thinning hair loss clients
- Clients with hair loss from a burn or scalp injury
People who are not good candidates for the transplant are:
- People who have scars on the scalp area
- Women who have major hair thinning on all areas of the scalp
- People who have no areas on the scalp for the doctor to get healthy hair follicles from in order to transplant
How Much Does A Hair Transplant Cost?
A hair transplant can cost anywhere between $5,000 to $15,000. Your insurance will most likely not pay for the transplant due to it being considered a cosmetic procedure to the insurance companies.
The cost of a hair transplantation can vary due to many different factors including but not limited to:
- The location of the hair procedure such as city, state, and country
- The type of procedure you want: There are just two types of hair transplant options: follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). Each has a different cost.
- The amount of hair that is being transplanted: Everyone is different, some might need more hair transplanted than others depending on how large or small the bald spot is
Other cost factors include:
- Medication after the transplant procedure: The doctor will prescribe medicine to you to reduce the risk of an infection
What Are The Hair Transplant Complications?
The complications that can happen from a hair loss transplant are:
- Bruising surrounding the eye area
- Scalp swelling
- Crust around the areas where the hair was removed and transplanted
- Numbness around the affected scalp areas
- Itching on scalp areas
How Long Is The Hair Transplant Recovery?
Usually effected areas should be cleared within a few weeks after the scalp procedure.
Usually a person can be back at work after about 4 to 5 days of having it done. Some people can start work even sooner than that and can return to work after only 2 days of having the transplant.
Within 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery the transplanted hair will fall out but don't worry this is normal. You will see permanent hair growth start to sprout after about 3 to 6 months time.
What Is The Hair Transplant Success Rate?
The success rate is extremely high at 98%, if done properly by the right doctor I suggest hair club if you want it done correctly! They do fabulous jobs.
It's extremely important to find a highly qualified, skilled physician to transplant your hair so that you can be in that 98% success rate statistic and that will also ensure your hair will look as natural as possible.