What Does It Mean To Have Diabetes?
Diabetes mean that the Insulin levels in the body are not working properly.
Insulin is a hormone in your body that helps the body distribute the carbohydrates that you eat in a healthy manner.
The foods that you eat create blood sugar in your body then the insulin hormone moves those sugars that are created from the foods you ate to the bloodstream, that's where they are either stored for later or used as energy immediately depending on what food you ate.
The issue people with diabetes have is that their bodies do not produce this hormone insulin or that their bodies don't distribute their insulin properly or both.
When sugar levels build up in the bloodstream, issues can occur such as damage to the kidney's, eyes, blood vessels and nerves in the human body.
The different types of diabetes are called type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes happens due to the immune system attacking the pancreas. The pancreas develops insulin which means that the body can no longer produce insulin and help to regulate blood sugars in a healthy manner.
Type 2 Diabetes happens due to the pancreas not making enough of the proper amount of the hormone insulin that help distribute the right amount of blood sugar in the body.
Causes Of Getting Diabetes
Causes of diabetes can happen from eating the wrong foods that could make things worse such as a constant source of high sugary foods and not exercising.
Although you can do the right things to reverse diabetes and manage it such as by exercising, managing your weight and making healthier food choices. So there is hope!
How Can Diabetes and Hair Loss Be Related?
These are the top reasons that can cause hair loss. Diabetes and hair loss causes can be complicated so please make sure to see your doctor for definite answers on this subject.
This list is hopefully helpful in learning the reasons of how females can get hair loss including diabetes related hair loss issues.
- Stress: Either physical and or emotional stressful situations can cause female hair loss.
- Hormonal: The hair growth cycle can be seriously disrupted due to hormonal reasons such as post pregnancy reasons, menopausal reasons and uneven estrogen hormone levels to name a few.
- Bad Blood Circulation: Diabetes can damage the blood vessels and not give the proper oxygen needed to your body's organs and tissues. This can make things difficult to deliver the important nutrients to the rest of your body including to the hair follicles. Your hair follicles need the proper nutrients to grow normally. Which in turn can cause hair loss in women. This issue can cause the rest of the body to have hair loss as well.
- Immune System: Diabetes can effect the blood sugar levels to be high which can affect your body's immune system which in turn can cause female hair loss and hair thinning issues such as alopecia.
- Zinc Vitamin Deficiency: Zinc can help prevent breakage in the hair structure and help strengthen the hair follicles as well as help improve female hormonal imbalance.
- Medication Use: Medications can indeed cause hair loss. Medications such as metoprolol and others can cause hair loss in women.
These are just a few reasons hair loss is caused in females see other hair loss causes here.
Treatments For A Diabetes And Hair Loss Connection: How do you prevent hair loss from diabetes?
- Proper exercise can help improve your blood circulation and counteract poor blood circulation related from diabetes. Better blood circulation will help give you improved hair loss regrowth.
- Getting the right vitamin supplements can help with hair loss regrowth from diabetes such as taking the right amount of biotin supplements.
- Getting help with stress whether emotional or physical can help regulate the hair growth cycle to function better soon.
- Eating the right foods can help with hair loss regrowth and avoiding the bad foods can make huge improvements in your health and hair growth cycle.
- Discuss with your doctor if any prescribed medicines that you are currently taking can be causing medication related hair loss issues in your life. Perhaps they can offer some better advice on what other options you may have to help avoid further diabetes and hair loss thinning in the future.